Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Faith, Family, & Friends

What does Faith, Family, and Friends mean to YOU? 
 
I have often wondered what it would be like to not have any of the 3.
I know how alone I would feel and not be able to endure what I have gone
through in life and how miserable life would be.
I have gone through a lot...more than most people would ever imagine.
Just to name some of my most significant events...
 
1. 3rd week into college got the news that my Mama had breast cancer
2. On 2-5-2003 losing my Dad in a motorcycle accident
3. Being diagnosed with stage III breast cancer on 5-31-2005
4.  Huge heartbreaks...
5. Diagnosed at the age of 34 with Pancreatic cancer.
 
All of the above are pretty serious issues...and some wouldn't know how to cope. Some might turn to a "bottle" to cope with the pain, hurt themselves, or be destructive in some way. I on the other hand lean on the 3 "Fs" as I like to call them.
 
FAITH
 I have been asked this..."Don't you blame God?"...NO!I do not. I believe HE only gives us what we can handle.  Yes I am not going to sit here and lie about everything and say its all been a picture perfect life.  But I promise you this...God hasn't left my side...in fact he's been there with me through everything. As Mia K. sang at my benefit concert the other night..."God is Good...yes, God is Faithful" I am not by any means sitting here "thumping" my Bible-instead I have a relationship with God and know that he is my ultimate healer...my redeemer...and I trust in him. I know that in this journey-we must live each day to the fullest and we are given each day because God has created this beautiful thing we call LIFE.
 
FAMILY
What would I do with out my people? As I have said it before...I am who I am because of them! For those of you that know me...know just how important my family is to me.  I could be the richest person on earth and have the best of the best of everything...but if I did not have my family-I would have nothing! My family has been with me and through so much together. I believe that because of our trials and tribulations-we are stronger than most. 
 
FRIENDS
When we are young children we think little Johnny or little Mary will be our best friend forever. It isn't until we are older and realize who are "TRUE" friends are...the ones that laugh with us, cry with us, do crazy things together-but most of all love us for who we are.  It wasn't until I graduated from high school that I learned who my "friends" were. Even as I became an adult I still was learning who I could trust...who was "real" and who just put on a front.  I appreciate all my friends who have been with me through it all and love me for ME!
 
So now that I have shared about my 3-Fs...I hope that you have at least one of the 3-no one should be "alone" going through life. To have all 3 is something that I can say that I am truly Blessed.  I know that with all 3 of the Fs-I can beat this battle...and victory will be won!
 I thank God for giving me another day...my Family for being mine...and my friends for loving me.
 
Until next time...continue to pray!
 

3 comments:

  1. Jesus was going upstairs to go to bed and Sammi says, "Don't forget to pray for Jamie, Daddy" My sweet girl! The whole Saucedo Fam has your back! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN to the three F's. And thank you Jamie for keeping us inspired even with all you

    ReplyDelete
  3. faith is a tough word for me. I've learned more about it over the last 5mos then ever....thank you.

    ReplyDelete