Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Drum Roll Please...

So as you know yesterday I got my 3rd dose of Gemzar and my Neulasta injection today. For those that know...before every chemo I have to get my blood drawn to make sure my counts are "good"...so my white counts were great...4.5 up from 2.1.  Which I believe the previous neulasta has a lot to do with it...I also believe that what I've been doing a lot of lately is HELPING...JUICING!!! Yep LOTS of veggies and lots of oranges. I have read that there isn't too much you can do for your white cells to increase other than staying away from sick people...but that vitamin C and B12 helps. So that's what I have been doing. 

Insert Drum Roll Here...........

So I'm on my way home from getting Neulasta and Dr. Ondreyco's # pops up on my phone. Anytime I see this number I know I've got to answer it...
Lisa is a chemo RN and Tim is Dr.O's back office MA...here's how the convo goes

Lisa: Hey Jamie it's Lisa from Dr.O's and I am here with Tim.
Me: hello!
Lisa: Well we wanted to call and give you some good news
Me: (I was thinking huh??? I just got chemo yesterday and I really don't know what this could be about)-ummm ok!
Lisa: Well we want to give you your tumor marker #
Me: What?!  I haven't got it drawn again
Lisa: Oh yes! We drew it yesterday...you just didn't know it
Me:OK! (still scared!)
Lisa: Jamie!!! It has gone down to 121...and I wanted to be the one to tell you this news
Me: Lisa are you sure you have the right patient  (Tim laughing in the background)
Lisa: Yes-Jamie Daniels-March 10th 1978...drawn on yesterday's date 4/29/2013
Me: Are you sure you're not trying to do a April Fools prank since its the last day of April...wait! Can you tell me that number again?! It's 129???
Lisa: (now chuckling too) No! It's 121... I can email you a copy of this report
Me: I believe you!!!
Lisa: Now you get on your blog and your prayer page and you tell them ALL that their prayers are working...and they need to keep up what ever they have been doing for you.  You deserve this good news and I am so happy for you.
Me: Oh Lisa! Thank you guys so much for this call!!!

Once I hung up reality hit me!!! Last week when I met with Dr. O she mentioned that I would be getting my tumor markers drawn in a few weeks...and although trying to remain optimistic...reality was that she was quite concerned too and that if my #s were not down...I would be adding yet another chemo to my regimen that I am already on.

Yes I am now starting to feel the pain and side effects from this neulasta...but I feel like shouting at the loudest that I possibly can...GOD IS SO GOOD...I CAN...AND I WILL BEAT THIS!!!

Thank you for your prayers, positive thoughts, and support...I am beyond happy right now!!!
So here's to more positive attitudes, TONS of praying, and Lots of juicing! :)

12 comments:

  1. So glad for you Jamie! Prayers still coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine posted this on her FB. I read it. You are amazing and from this day on I will certainly be added to that prayer chain. God bless you Jamie, and YES!!! You will win this battle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is so good and I'm so thankful for the good news, we will continue to pray for you Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME NEWS!!! GOD IS GOOD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! Sneaky Dr O, I love it!---

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEA!!! I told you that it will be gone and you'll be the 1st to beat this. God is great! God bless you today and always! Love, Teri

    ReplyDelete
  7. So grateful for this, Jamie!!! Praising God with you. Praying and sending love, Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SONIA VELAZCO UBALLEMay 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM

    AWSOME NEWS JAIME OUR GOD IS AN AWSOME GOD I WILL NEVER LIMIT WHAT HE CAN DO IM SOOOO HAPPY JAIME IM CRYING AND THANKING GOD FOR EVERYTHING LOVE U :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jamie, I don't know if you remember me from work, I have been praying for you, shared your story with my little home church. You have alot of people you don't even know praying for you!! God is bigger!! Tina Ackman

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely great news !! Your face looked so happy when you hung up the phone ! What a great day . Looking forward to your bright smile getting brighter everyday this is behind you . Keep up the great work !!! A stumbling block to the pessimist is a stepping stone to the optimist.Every crucial experience can be regarded as a setback - or the start of a new kind of development.

    ~ can't say , just me

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy for you Jamie! Will be praying for you! Linda Vose MacCleary

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for you and your family! Will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete