Wednesday, February 26, 2014

For the Record...Positivity Please!

I shouldn't have to write this post...nor should I feel like I have to...but I am! Caution I use the "C" word a lot...I am going to make my point VERY clear to some. (or at least try to)
I blog because I enjoy writing...I want to share my story with others...I want others to know that CANCER is a WORD...NOT a sentence. I know there will always be the few that might disagree or have their opinions...but your negativity is nothing compared to all the positivity that I am around or receive.  I get comments left on my blog...and out of probably 40 comments...I will have 1 that isn't so "positive".

Let me set something straight for the record. NO 2 CANCER stories are alike. Heck my paternal Grandma, Aunt, 2 great aunts, maternal Grandfather, his sister my great aunt, and my Mom have ALL had CANCER...and guess what NONE of our stories are anywhere similar. In fact they are so far from each other that it isn't even worth comparing. Why does this matter...CANCER IS CANCER...this I do know. 

But guess what...statistics are just that...NUMBERS.  We could be driving down the interstate and lose our lives tomorrow...we don't know when are time has come...but reality is we all die some day...whether you believe in after we leave this earth and live on forever or not is up to you...

I got a comment that had a LOT of "negativity" in it...sorry that you wasted your time typing it all...but last time I checked I have NEVER gotten a "sentence" from the doctor saying I only have such and such amount of time left on this earth. In fact...I have beaten so many odds that everyone just smiles and shakes their head in disbelief.  

Ways I have "beaten the odds"...
*Survived stage 3 aggressive Breast Cancer at the age of 27
*was a candidate and SURVIVED the whipple surgery
*Have Survived being a single Mama while fighting cancer
*Survived 47 radiation treatments to date with breast and pancreatic CANCER treatments
*Have Survived 4-A/C treatments and 4-taxol treatments
*Have Survived 35 days of continuous 5FU treatments and counting
*Have Survived 10 Gemzar treatments
*Have Survived 6 oxaliplatin treatments and counting
-Do you see the pattern? I am SURVIVING!   What was it that you had to say?... Ha!

I am sorry some must be so miserable and find it necessary to make others lives miserable...saying that I am hiding so much...well those that LOVE me and KNOW me can attest that I am probably one of the most positive people you'll ever know and I live life each and every day!

I don't focus on everything "bad" that has happened in my life...because if I did I would be 6 feet under...I have a purpose on this earth.

As for my girls they absolutely know what LOVE is...how to love...and how to be loved. They too haven't had the easiest last couple of years...but don't you all worry about them...for those of you that do NOT know...they have been in coping class with other kiddos of parents that have been going through CANCER too.  Those that have followed by journey from step one had the opportunity to see the post with the video of my girls being so brave as they were interviewed and made most adults look like little pieces of bread crumbs scattered on a restaurant floor.

So moral of this crazy post is this...Yes, I blog for a reason...do I share everything with complete random strangers...ummm no! There is a limit as to how far I will go...you can read my book one day with all the other juicy details.  Until then...remember I human...I am a mom...I have beat CANCER once-I am BEATING it again...I don't need to hear the statistics or how my story is just like someone else's and how they lost their battle.  I will only accept positive comments :)  so other than that...don't waste your energy...life is too short. 

Did you know...for those "worried" about statistics that 1 out of 2 men and 1 out of 3 women will develop cancer in their lifetime.  Pretty depressing, huh?  What are YOU doing to prevent it? Eat healthy, live positive, and be YOU! Check yourself...be proactive. Trust your gut...get a 2nd opinion if need be. (Thank goodness I did!)

Just so YOU know..those that DON'T know me...I was inpatient one day for test/labs...and paragliding the next with one of my fave doctors...yep! That's how I roll. See... I am living my life...and although I don't feel like 100% everyday...I give each day 110%.

So until next time remember this...until you've walked in my shoes...I guess I can honestly say-don't judge! I am an open book...when I have something to say...don't YOU worry...I will say it! 



Photo


9 comments:

  1. Positive thoughts and Strength headed your way! Proud to call you a friend. :) HEX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who and why would ever have any negative comments about you, your fight or your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you ..You are truly inspiring. ?..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blogs. Sorry there are such negative people out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't give up Jamie! I read your blog daily (or at least check to see if you've posted anything new) because it is so inspiring and motivating. I appreciate you being so open and honest about sharing this part of your life, so that we can all benefit from your success! We love you!

    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your a Cancer fighting Ninja! Your truly an inspiration for many people everywhere. Keep it up! Negativity Sucks. Cancer sucks. Mean people suck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always praying for you and the girls Jamie. You are beautiful inside and out! Don't let anyone get you down! You are so strong, positive and LIVING most people can only dream to be the AMAZING person you are.
    Love always Ramirez Family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you love and good mojo! ��

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jamie, you are an amazing woman. You are surviving and WILL beat 'c' again! My prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete