Monday, May 13, 2013

Gemzar Number 4

Hello! Just woke up from about a 3 hour nap...ugh chemo!
Just wanted to say I HEART my week off of NO chemo...then days like today come around and I've got to remember I am FIGHTING...and beating this...one day at a time. Trying to keep my eye on the prize of being done with chemo and trying to live the "normal" life.  September will not get here fast enough...but that doesn't matter...we are enjoying every day to the fullest.

Last week was a busy week for the girls and I...besides the normal school routine, and trying to practice lines for a play for Taryn's class and working on Greek/Roman art for Maesyn's class...we had a day of "fittings" for a fashion show...a night of dress rehearsal...and then Saturday mid morning they had the honor of walking down the "runway" for the PANDA (excellent organization) Fashion Show Luncheon.  The money raised goes to research to treat childhood diseases and such. I was such a proud Mama to be able to watch my girls as they were the very 1st ones out of 64 models to come out and show the gigantic ballroom filled with people their outfits. Thank you to some VERY special people for making that day happen for not only my girls...but me too! They will NEVER forget that day or the experience that they had. Thank you PANDA for doing what you have done for I believe the last 14 years...




Then moving onto Saturday night...the girls along with cousins and friends took part in the 2nd Annual Neon Splash Dash. Thank you K for making that a reality also for my girls. They were some of the cutest dressed little girls there that ran their little hearts out with all that they had. The best/most special part of the whole "Dash" event...money raised goes to Camp Kesem. What is a this camp you may ask? Well it is a special camp for kids that have parent(s) going through or have gone through cancer. It doesn't "dwell" on cancer...instead gives kids the opportunity to meet others and have a week long escape away from the reality of what they are going through or have been through.  I am still debating on sending the girls this year...they are wanting to...but scared of not being with me for a whole week. We shall see...but I do know other kids in their coping class who are going...so I am grateful for those that participated in the race to give these kids this opportunity. 




Then yesterday was mother's day...no gifts, or fancy cards...just spent time with my girls.  That is all that I need!!! I am here to celebrate another "holiday" with them and that is all that matters. I love these 2 with all that I have and they are what keep me going. 

I was trying to add pictures to this post...but no luck right now...next time! :)

Until next time...I  am fightin' on! Keep the prayers coming!!!

For those of you that are wondering about my Mama...we are just waiting on scans/results still...until we know what the game plan will be. For those of you that have been through a "battle" know its the hurry up and wait game a lot of times...we have to remain patient as patients and know that God is in control!

3 comments:

  1. Jamie, I admire your courage and strength. Your faith is a shining beacon to you and your family! Please tell your Mom hello for me - She is dear to my heart, I grew up with her family!!! I went to school with her sister (Your Aunt Paula). Fond memories of their family while growing up in Buckeye. Hugs and prayers for you and Miss Pammy! Kim DeMoise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, I am saddened to hear about your current struggles, but I do know that you are strong and you will fight this ugly battle with every ounce of your being. Your girls are amazing supporters and I hope you feel loved and admired at every bend of the road. Much love, prayers, and encouragement going out to you and your family. <3 God Bless! Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Sooo, soo much going on. We are praying for you and your sweet Mama and your amazing girls!! Love you, Amy

    ReplyDelete