Friday, March 29, 2013

Time flies...

Well time flies when you are having FUN and of course RESTING!  So I can honestly say I have NOT missed my chemo pump or radiation.  I have been enjoying this great BIG thing called LIFE...enjoying the important "things" and spending time with those I love most.
 
As most of you know my WBCs (white blood cells) dropped to a level  Dr.O wasn't happy with so they had to re-draw my labs last week and my WBCs had gone from 1.9 to 3.46.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that they continue to rise to "within normal limits" and I'm able begin my next step in treatments.  Monday (April 1st) is the scheduled day to begin Gemsar (chemo). Game plan for this chemo is once a week for 2 weeks straight and then the 3rd week I will have a break.  This is the plan but it all depends on my blood counts.
 
Hair is just hair...right?! I don't know it I will lose my hair...as I did 7 years ago.  Some say I will...a lot of others say I will not. I don't know...all I know is that it is all in God's hands.  Whether I am bald or not...does NOT change who I am! 
 
I did see my GI doctor this past Tuesday...and when I leave his office I feel as if I just left a church service that has healed my heart.  He always says things to me that I will NEVER forget and that I cherish. My weight has maintained since finishing 5FU chemo...so I hope it remains the same. I don't want to lose any more pounds.
 
After Dr. G asked me how everything was going and what was next...he said..."Jamie, Jamie, Jamie"...shaking his head in disbelief...he said, "You have beat the odds!"  I want to run out of his office jumping for joy every time I leave from meeting with him.  I will follow up with him in 6 months...or sooner if weight changes drastically.  Thank you Dr.G for caring and always giving me HOPE when sometimes I have forgotten how far I have come in such a short time span.
 
Here's to good lab results...so we can get this Gemsar show on the road!
 
 
 


1 comment: