Friday, April 4, 2014

Been a little bit...

http://www.kpho.com/video?clipId=10019411&autostart=true

The above link is from an interview I did last week. It aired today on our one of our local channels. The Pancreatic Cancer action network-Purple Strides event will take place this Sunday, April 6th  downtown Phoenix.  I will be the SURVIVOR speaker.
Come out and show your support.

So it's been a little while...as some of you are aware I was having SEVERE and I can't stress how severe the pain was. On a scale of 0-10...I would rate it a 15. It was similar to "back labor" for those women that have experienced child birth. The pain would start in my lower back and radiate to my abdomen.

Well for someone going through what I am going through the doctors first thought is oh no...this is "C" that we were dealing with. We'll after several scans and being monitored...it was determined that is was not more "c"...instead issues from the whipple surgery.

So my GI doctor along with his associate took me in for an ERCP and placed a stent in my "surgical" area where there was some narrowing. I'm a proud patient to say my doctor is very intelligent and the pain (knocking on wood now) has not come back.

I have since gone on and received more chemo...Monday was #9.  If all goes as planned I will have 3 more cycles. I am kickin "C" and reflecting on all that I have been through to this date. I am proud to and think I have the right to say this...I am a SURVIVOR...I am still fighting...but I am seeing the light at the end of this curvy tunnel.

My girls are doing well...they keep me fighting and I know they are truly my little angels.  I can't wait for a year from now to look back and think Wow! That was a crazy time in our lives...but we are survivors because of it.  It's the little things in life that we go through that make us who we are.

I am so grateful for my friends and family that have stood with me...and my Faith for keeping me strong.   Thank you again for being with me on my journey...the one I like to call life.

Until next time...I am seeing lots of purple and ready for the weekend.


3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear how you are doing. So sorry for all your horrible pain!! Glad it is getting taken care of by great docs. Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie. After hearing you speak at the purple stride event, I came home and spent hours reading your blog. Your story is such an inspiration.. my beloved Mother has been affected by this awful disease as well. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing journey and incredible strength and courage with all of us. I can see that you have had a talented photographer take some beautiful photographs of you and your gorgeous girls, but I would like to extend the offer of a free session with me. I would be honored to capture the undeniable love between a mother and her daughters <3 If you are interested, please email me at srrjti@yahoo.com. No worries, if not :) Again, thank you for sharing your journey with us. I will be praying for you and thinking of you often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Robbie! I would love to take you up on your offer. Let me get through my next 2 treatments and we can talk :)

      Delete