Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tonight I ask...WHY?

I have often wanted to make a post like this...then I hesitate. I don't want one to think I am being "negative" or having doubts...but enough is enough!

What in the world am I talking about?  Well..."C"...those that have followed me know that I refer to that horrible, awful, no-good word...cancer as "C". I hate to even type out the 6 letter word.  No I am not being negative...nor am I giving up on my fight...but I will tell YOU all this...I am SICK and TIRED of hearing that word and how it is affecting so many people. 

Yesterday I was sitting at "Miss Amy's" funeral as she so courageously fought metastatic breast "C"...and then tonight I am hearing about my cousin's dear friend Ryan who is fighting so hard for his life as he too has been fighting "C".

When will it stop? What needs to change? What can we do?  How much more do we have to go through?  How come our families have to suffer so bad as they watch their loved ones fight for their life?  Why can't they CURE it?  Who will be next that has to fight this fight? 

These are all questions that many of us wonder and often ask ourselves...WHY? 

Well I am no scholar or claim to know everything about this horrible disease...but I do know this it changes EVERYTHING!  Some things it changes for the better...and some things it unfortunately changes for the bad. :(   I DO KNOW THIS...keeping positive all the time is sometimes difficult...but NEVER GIVE UP!!!  Attitude is everything as I remember my Grandma Marjy on some of her last days as she wore her "Never Give Up" shirt...it makes sometimes the hardest days...not so hard.

Please remember when you might be having a "bad" day...the person next to you might be fighting a battle...a battle to live...a battle to see tomorrow.

So I have a request: Please remember to keep Amy's family in your thoughts and prayers...and Ryan's family too...as he fights...Candi in your prayers as she lost her Mama to "C" on Easter...Ted whose marker #s have elevated. Gosh! Forget it...I can't keep on naming everyone lets just pray for all those that are fighting...and those families that are grieving the loss of their loved one. 

Until next time...I  still ask WHY?...but will remember  that "C" is a word...not a sentence!     

No comments:

Post a Comment