Wednesday, December 25, 2013

One-Year Blogversary


So ONE year ago today..."missjamiesjourney" was launched.  I didn't have a set goal for myself...other than I knew I wanted to get my story out there and to be able to make a difference.  I wanted to be able to document my journey with "C"...being a mama...and just "life" in general.

So much has happened over this past year...from having my whipple surgery after first being diagnosed...going through radiation and chemo...changing the way I ate-testing what I could and could not tolerate...thinking my "fight" was coming to a victory...then being "re" diagnosed with the PAN-CAN going on a wild field trip to my liver...starting with a new facility that has been amazing...to starting chemo yet again. 

I can sit here and type and think that it seems like yesterday that a certain someone had sat my girls down to say, "You know your Mama probably won't be here for next Christmas"...No we did not know my prognosis...but I thought WOW!...not something I wanted my girls to get in their little minds...from that moment I thought to myself...just YOU watch!   So I couldn't help but to make this weeks phrase be:



We don't have time clocks on ourselves that say on such and such day...you will no longer walk this earth...or at a certain age, life is over.  We don't know what each day brings us...that is why we live life to the fullest...try to make a difference and try to be best possible.  I...like most of you don't live with a crystal ball predicting my future...but I CAN promise you this...I will keep fighting each and everyday until I have conquered "C" once and for all.

Please keep praying as I know this journey would be different if I didn't have the FAITH, my FAMILY and FRIENDS to love and support me and the will to SURVIVE. 

Thank you for being part of my journey and continuing to support me.  Please continue to share my blog with others...I know that when I set out to start this blog...I was crossing my fingers to reach a few hundred people...but when I see that my blog as of today has 70,000 hits...that is exciting. 

I believed I could...I did...and I look forward to MANY more Christmas memories with my girls.

Until next time...Merry Christmas and THANK YOU for standing in my corner as I battle "C". 


In case you missed it:

FIRST POST:
http://missjamiesjourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/where-it-all-began.html

3 comments:

  1. Faith, family, friends, focus, fight, future!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Sweetie....we are standing with you and praying for you!

    Tom and Edna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi James...Tom and I are Praying hard!!!
    Keep up the good works...love you!

    ReplyDelete