Friday, December 6, 2013

Peek-A-Boo!

Feels like I have been playing hide-n-seek this past week.  Monday as most of you are aware...I received my first round of chemo in clinic for about 4 hours and then was sent home with the 5 FU for 2 days of continuous chemo via the pump which goes directly into my power port. 



The "in-clinic" chemo is the "O" which has the crazy side effect of the neuropathy and the "not" eating/drinking cold stuff.  I SURVIVED...I lasted the time that was needed to "stay away" from cold stuff and today was the first day in 4 1/2 days that I actually got to eat COLD stuff.  Oh ice...how I have missed you!!!



The 5FU.. yes I have gotten that before which I would carry the pump around with me for 5 weeks straight and every week get a "refill"...this refill was like the size of a cassette tape (you young people can google what this "tape" thing is-ha!)...well like I said this amount would last 1 whole week. Well now I have 250mL of 5FU that last 2 days. Quite a big difference in quantity...which leads me to this...

NAUSEA! NAUSEA! NAUSEA! I was good right after the "O" treatment...but by day 2 the "pre-meds" had/have worn off and the nausea is a bit of a nuisance.  I am coping with it the best possible way with trying to stay hydrated, Zofran and Compazine if need be.  When I am not taking girls here or there, or helping with home work...I have become a BFF with my bed pillows.  Naps, naps, and more naps. 

Yesterday I received my NEULASTA injection...also known to me as PAIN!!!  I have gotten these off and on throughout all my "C" treatments starting back in 2005.  The neulasta does it job with keeping my "white count" up...but boy oh boy I could live without the pain it causes. 

So NO...I haven't been ignoring the calls, texts,  and emails...nor have I been playing hide-n-seek...but I have been getting cat naps when I can.   I  continue to appreciate all your  love, support, and prayers. 

Next week is my "off" week of chemo...so I have a few appointments with my medical team.  Then will have round #2 on December 16th. 

2 comments:

  1. So hoping this "off" week gives you a bit of relief. Prayers and love!!

    ReplyDelete