Saturday, May 3, 2014

Didn't mean to...

Hello! Didn't mean to leave you all hangin' the other day with my stuff. :)  I met with the GI doctor after I had my chemo...Round #11...but who's counting?!  It was confirmed that the "narrowing"  I had that we thought might just be scar-tissue from the whipple...is actually a tumor that is causing the narrowing which has also caused me a GREAT deal of pain.  The dr doesn't believe it is something "new" however it has been there and the chemo has been keeping it at bay.  So good and bad...good that it has "stayed" there...bad that there is actually "C" in that area. 

So...the game plan everyone will be asking???  Chemo so far is staying the same...BUT...within the next 6 weeks I will be going to have a procedure that has only been used for the past 2 years.  Scary-yes.  Am I optimistic-yes!  They will go in and "burn" the tumor out and then replace these plastic stents with metal ones.  Yes there are risks to this procedure...but the benefits out-weigh the risks.  In fact straight out of Dr.K's mouth..."If you were my sister this is what I would do."

What can you do?  Continue to send positive thoughts and prayers my way...Pray that the stents I have in now will lasts until the procedure is scheduled and that I won't get any infections or any blockages. 

When I get "more" info on this procedure...don't you worry your pretty little heart...I will tell you all more about it.

I am sure once the day gets closer...I might be more nervous about the whole ordeal...but until then I am making memories with my girls and trying to live life to the fullest each day. 

Until next time...I am thankful for modern medicine.

3 comments:

  1. Praying, Jamie! Praying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you girl. Forever praying for you in the name of Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always praying for you sweet Jamie, keep up the fight!!

    ReplyDelete