Friday, April 26, 2013

WHY?...

Why this? Why now?...

Well by now it is no surprise to most of you of what is going on. Yesterday we were informed that my Mama will be facing another fight with breast cancer...again.  She was diagnosed with stage 2 back in Fall of 1996.  She underwent a lumpectomy, chemo and radiation followed by 5 years of being on Tamoxifen.  She has gone EVERY single year since then to all her check ups with Dr. Ondreyco.

My Mama is NOT one to just sit and wait and watch and wonder if something is to grow or change or disappear. Instead as in 1996 NO mammogram picked up her tumor-instead it was her monthly BREAST SELF-EXAM that she discovered her "lump"...her "female" doctor at the time told her "not" to worry about it...they would watch it and go on with life.  Not the answer you tell my Mama...instead she contacted a good surgeon and was persistent on getting "it" taken care of.  A short time later the lump was removed and wouldn't you know...it was "C". 

So a month ago she had her yearly mammo...and a "suspicious" spot showed up on the opposite breast from before...it was her Left one they were concerned about.  So last week she secretly went in for a biopsy...she didn't want to tell me or to worry me (she got a hand slap from me-ha!)...but anyways she went in and it "popped" like a water balloon...which was a good thing.  But...

Then she asked them to check out a "spot" on her chest between right and left that was a little abnormal. It had been there for maybe a few months and I had mentioned going to a dermatologist.  She asked the doctor performing the biopsy if she could recommend a good dermatologist dr.  The intelligent dr said, "Oh-Dr. Ondreyco would want me to cut this out for you...I am just going to do it...NOW!"

So fast forward to yesterday-APRIL 25th,2013 @11:30 am...My Mama is at Dr. Ondreyco's office...and Dr. O walks in with disbelief and shakes her head saying of all people...You and Jamie...I don't know why you have to both go through "C" again...but you are going to get through it!

Today we went in for an appointment with my radiation doctor-Dr. Taw...love her (as if you didn't already know this)...but after leaving her office I felt a sense of HOPE again...I believe in my heart that my Mama has caught her "C" early enough that her treatments will be minimal...BUT there is always the BUT...we won't know anything until next week until she has her MRI and PET scan. 

I was pretty emotional yesterday and felt deflated like a huge balloon falling and didn't know what would be next...today I feel as though someone has refilled my tank with POSITIVE air and I am still fighting stronger than ever...a little weak...but fighting!!!

This morning as I curled my hair...I said out loud this exactly..."Daddy...if you can hear me and know that I need you...send me a sign!"  Well I am not going to share what he sent me...but as my Mama and I sat down to lunch-we got it! Thank you!!! I know that God is with us and my Daddy who I am missing more than ever lately is near us.

So as I finished my hair and put on a layer of lip gloss...I got a call from sweet Miss Kelly who is in charge of the Kids Can Cope group that Taryn and Maesyn attend.  She asked how I was, as she always does and then informed me that "the" video was done.  So for those that haven't already seen it...check it out. (Link Below)

You ask WHY? How can a family go through so much and keep on keepin' on...it is because of OUR FAITH-FAMILY and FRIENDS...How can I keep going on and getting some of the punches that I get...this is WHY...Because of my angels. 

I LOVE YOU Taryn and Maesyn you are too young to have to know so much...but you are what puts a smile on my face, a song in my heart, and the will to SURVIVE! Forever always...YOUR Mama I'll be.

I don't necessarily realize why my Mama and I have to go through our 2nd battles with "C"...but  I do know that we are pretty tough chicks-ask anyone that truly knows us. I might not ever know...but I do know that God has a purpose in this crazy thing we all call LIFE...and in the end we will have a story or 2 to tell and be able to encourage others and make a difference...no matter just how BIG or how small it might be.

As I am reminded daily...God gives His battles to His toughest Soldiers...Thank you for being apart of the ARMY of PRAYER warriors!!! Until next time...enjoy the video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlepeNCyL8o

1 comment: