Friday, July 12, 2013

In the RIGHT direction



My tumor markers are checked through blood tests about every month...the "normal" is under 36...but for those that don't know my CA19-9 journey...let me explain. When I was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer November 2012...my CA19-9 was over 1600.  Then it was onto getting the whipple surgery and right before I started my first round of 5FU chemo it was at 178...then 117...175...then it leaped up to 1305 (my doctors and I were pretty freaked out to say the least)...then miraculously it came back down to 121...now it is at 58.  This is a BIG deal to me!

I truly believe in the POWER of PRAYER!!! God is so good and HE is with me always...especially through my "journeys" or should I say my battles in which I fight to survive.  Thank you God for loving me and continuing to give me the strength that I need as I continue to fight "C". One day at a time...but it's days like today that I want to go scream with excitement that I can. I will. 

I appreciate all the LOVE, SUPPORT, and PRAYERS from all of you.  I appreciate all the knowledge my doctors have in guiding me through my fight.  I actually appreciate myself for having the will to survive, the courage to keep fighting, and the determination to show others that it can be done. Never give up!!!

Until next time...this girl is keeping her dukes up and staying strong!

2 comments:

  1. Praising God!!! Love and prayers, Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie! I just stopped by and was reading a few of your posts. I had a quick question about your blog and was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance -emilywalsh688 (at) gmail.com- Thanks : )

    Emmy

    ReplyDelete