Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Raising Arizona Kids

Raising Arizona Kids came to one of the Kids Can Cope meetings a few months back...you might have seen this video by now :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlepeNCyL8o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I seriously cry every time I watch it.  So proud of my babies and all the kids for their bravery as they have to learn how to deal with living day to day and not knowing what tomorrow brings.







This experience is just another positive one being part of a group that is helping my girls, along with other kids learning how to cope with Parents dealing with Cancer.
 For more information on KIDS CAN COPEhttp://www.bannerhealth.com/Locations/Arizona/Banner+Thunderbird+Medical+Center/Programs+and+Services/Cancer+Care/Kids+Can+Cope/_Kids_Cancer.htm

Until next time...realize you never know who is fighting a battle...cherish the little things in life that aren't "things". Tuck them into bed, say their prayers with them, and tell them "I Love YOU", and "I am so PROUD of YOU".  Its these simple little things that make a BIG difference.


3 comments:

  1. Very touched by this video! All of the children and so brave and courageous! If you ever need blank cookies for the kids to create a cookie masterpiece, please let me know! I know art is a precious form of expression for children and art on cookies is even sweeter!
    Jackie Lee
    Jackielee4@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, I went to school with you and was a couple years behind you, but you always stuck out to me. I think it was a mixture of your beauty and how you radiated kindness. Though I didn't know you, you were a role model and a inspiration to me at the time as silly as that may sound. I came across this through Facebook and just wanted to tell you that you have all our prayers. Your blog is perfection and you are so strong. You have two gorgeous girls, I have two little boys. Your words really hit me to cherish the little things. Thank you for your continued inspiration, keep up your fight. I wish you and your sweet little family the best from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soo amazing. Your girls are just like you--beautiful and brave and amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete