Monday, July 1, 2013

*19*

So you all have been following me on my journey...but I also share MANY "life" events...I can't go without sharing this...my heart is so heavy tonight and  I feel it's blog-worthy. 
 
For those of you that know me...I have been around the fire service even before I was born. My Dad was a volunteer fire-fighter...until he made the ranks of Fire Chief.  I guess you can call me an adrenaline junkie...I LOVED going on 9-11 calls with him...whether it be a 962 (wreck with injuries),
a fire, just your typical injury call.  I would go with him night after night...excited to help with the next one...waiting for the "Big" one. I was 19 years old when he encouraged me to go ahead and get my EMT-certification. If I was going to be on the "call"...I seriously should make good use out of myself. So being around the fire service from a baby to adult...I know how important "FAMILY"
truly is.  Being a part of the fire service...you are a FAMILY and are there for each other in good times and in bad. So here's to those lives that were lost on 6.30.2013-Yarnell Fire
 
 
Graphics above were created by me...it' the least I could do to show my support for those affected by the fire...if you would like to...copy and paste it on your instagram...or face book pages to support YARNELL and all those affected.-Jamie
 
 
19
(Written by: Jamie Daniels...straight from the heart)
Sunday 6.30.2013 was probably just like any other ordinary-typical day,
The Granite-Mountain hot-shot crew was there to do their job and didn't know what else to say.
They could see the flames from miles and miles away,
but didn't realize how fast the winds would begin to sway.
They cut and sawed the brush that they could.
They walked and talked trying to control the mighty beast,
Praying that the wind would die, and the flames would calm down to say the least.
They had flashbacks of what they were doing the night before.
Were they with their loved ones...or being summoned to the fire before they could shut their door.
So many young lives were put on the line,
but knowing that is what they do the best as they shine. 
Did they have kids or a spouse that was waiting for their arrival,
Or could they see the ultimate fight was up for their survival. 
There are so many questions as our state mourns and our hearts will ache as we wonder why
But their memories must never die.
They didn't know that their life would soon be shattered
instead they did all they could...and that is what mattered.
To the 19 lives that have been lost you no longer have to roam...
For you now have been called home.
 
 
 
 
19 fire fighters lost their lives in the Yarnell (Arizona) Fire.  It is such a shock...from one night seeing my cousin post pictures of a "small" brush fire his department was fighting...to over night the winds shifting and causing such tragedy for a small Arizona community.  Please keep the fire fighter's families in your prayers. Pray for containment on this fire...pray for the firefighters still having to fight this beast...and keep those that have lost their homes or have been evacuated in your prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment