Saturday, November 30, 2013

Nov: Day 27-30 ONE YEAR "C"-versary

So as most of you have written on your face book posts or perhaps posted a "thankful" picture a time or 2 on your instagrams during the month of November..let's NOT forget to be THANKFUL for the other 11 months out of the year.  We ALL have too much to be thankful for to forget it all 365 days.  With that being said...

ONE year ago...11.30.12...I was given the diagnosis of pancreatic "C".  So much has changed in just a year.  From not knowing the prognosis...the whipple surgery...chemo and radiation...several doctors appointments...to being "re-diagnosed"...to being the BEST Mama that I can possibly be all while trying to keep the title of  "C" fighting-ninja. 

"C" is truly just a word. NOT a sentence.

I believe that attitude has a LOT to do with fighting to survive. Some days are much harder than others...but one thing that hasn't changed...I am grateful to wake up and be a Mama to my little angels.  I am beyond blessed to be with a team of doctors that are there to help me FIGHT this.  I am beyond thankful for my family and my friends.  As crazy as this may sound...I am appreciative of what "C" has done for my life...in this aspect-I have made new friends, reconnected with old friends, brought my family closer together, I enjoy all the "SMALL" moments in life more, and "it" has also made me a stronger (than I already was) person.

So some might say that is crazy to be "thankful" for the "C"-word...but  I look at the positives that it has brought into my life.  I feel that although my FAITH may have been shaken or tested a time or 2...I have more FAITH than ever. I am trusting in God that I know he has not left me yet...I know He will continue to be with me as I walk through the valleys of the unknown. 

Here's to many more years....that I can look back on and say wow!...I kicked "C" to the curb...until then I need you all to continue praying and sending your positives thoughts this way.

I am trusting in Him.  I know I can beat this with God on my side and an army of prayer warriors on my team. 

Yes there are many days that I dislike "C"...but I can't reflect on the negatives-life is too precious to waste on things that we can't change. I just have to look forward to what I can do and that is to make a difference!

Tomorrow (or today) 12-1-13 I will have my labs drawn to determine if they are good for chemo on Monday (12-2-13)...please please please lets pray that they are good and I can begin fighting this "C" and send it packing once and for all.  "C" has once again messed with the WRONG girl. 

Until next time...be THANKFUL all the time!


There is always always ALWAYS something to be thankful for!

Photo courtesy of: M&M Photography-Thanks Molly! :)






1 comment:

  1. You and your girls are so beautiful. I pray that you are cured 100%. Thank you for sharing your story.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete