Monday, February 3, 2014

Happy Feb People







Did you all see this commercial during that BIG football game everyone is talking about? Ha! I can honestly say I really didn't watch the Superbowl game...but my sister sent me a text asking if I saw this commercial?



Tomorrow...FEBRUARY 4th is WORLD CANCER DAY.  So what can YOU do??? Change your profile pictures on facebook, instagram, twitter, etc to PURPLE...many of you have "JAMIE" ribbons/support  as your profile pictures...thank you!!! Can I ask you all a favor??? Those of you that don't have some kind of PURPLE as your pics...change them for tomorrow!!! Show your support for those that are fighting, those that will have to fight, and those that we have lost because of this battle.



So many of you know "my life"...but those of you that do not...let me get you up to date.  I had a scan last week...and my tumor markers were drawn again.

*scan shows that chemo is WORKING...no new "areas of concern", etc...PTL!!!

*tumor markers came down by 119 points.  Yes...it is still high...however it is coming down and my team of doctors were VERY happy to say the least.



My medical oncologist said something like this..."I was seriously getting worried since your markers kept increasing...but now with the scans and your numbers coming down I am very pleased...we will keep doing what we are doing".  I responded "You and me both...I was getting worried also".   Then off to chemo I went.  Round #5 was successful...7 more rounds to go. 



On another note...there are some of you that know this and many others that don't. I debated on sharing this...but I know that more prayers are needed for what I am about to share.  In regards to this commercial above...it really hit me hard. Listen to the lyrics of this song.  I sat there and thought wow!  I have been a "single"...legally married mama to 2 little girls and fighting cancer. I have not had my husband around since Sept. 2012...I have been fighting with the help of my FAMILY and my very dear FRIENDS and my FAITH which has kept me going.  Yes...I have ALL 3...actually its more like this now...FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS. FOCUS, FIGHT, FUTURE. (Thanks Miss J)



I never imagined that while fighting cancer and going through chemo that I would be served with divorce papers...but yes...I was. Yuck...I hate that "D" word.  I know...impeccable timing-not!  I have to chuckle because I think to myself this is just lovely.  Then on the other hand I think some people forget that I am a VERY tough girl...so I am thankful for this time and can't wait to write this very interesting chapter into my book. 



I am not going to sit here and bash "him" or "her"...they aren't worth me wasting my precious time...all I can say is many people should remember the golden rule :)  It's pretty simple...do unto others as you would have them do unto you. 



I now have 2 battles on my plate...what some have forgotten is that I have a pretty big plate...I think it is also metal plated by now-ha!  This is just another bump in the road that I like to call...MY LIFE. 



THANK YOU to those that have been with me since day one of this journey...those that have heard my story and support me...those that are strangers that are inspired...and to those "few" that read my blog...praying that you will make a difference someday.



Until next time remember this...Your beliefs don't make you a better person...your behavior does! BE GOOD. DO GOOD.





4 comments:

  1. After you picked up T, I sent up some extra healing prayers for you that night. I know Kaia feels blessed to have T in her life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know if you remember me but I sure remember you and your family, if there is anything I can do to help ya out...ANYTHING...just say the word!

    ReplyDelete