Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Aunt Pam





I have been wanting to blog about my Aunt...but the time just wasn't right. I knew this day was coming sooner than later and although it is a sad time...it is also a glorious time knowing who she is going to meet. 



For those of you that do not know...my Aunt has been battling dementia for a few years now.  She took a fall a few weeks ago...and fractured her arm.  Once she was taken to the hospital and examined...it was determined that she had metastatic breast cancer. 



Once my cousins and my Uncle were given the news...they were also given the prognosis and a "time-frame".  Hospice was then called in.



I was fortunate enough to be able to visit her while she was still in the hospital 2 weeks ago. Although she did not know who I was...as I began to leave...I rubbed her hand, kissed her forehead and told her...I Love You.  She replied, "Bless your heart" with all the smile that she could give me. 



I know that she has missed her parents, and her brothers...I know that they will all be together again.  As sad as the situation may be...I was reminded by my youngest today as I shed my tears...just this..."Mama, you know what...she's not in pain anymore".  I shook my head yes...I know!



My aunt wanted everyone to get an education...and to better them selves. 



She wasn't just "my aunt"...she was also a teacher to many. In fact my worst year of elementary school was in 4th grade...not because I hated going to school...but the fact that my aunt was my teacher and wanted me to be best-well it gets better...I also smashed the class pet (on accident) that year...and as sad and upset as I was...she told me this..."Jamie Renae...it is ok! stop your crying and get back into class, you know Dessia (a childhood friend) stepped on the gerbil the year before..."



My aunt leaves behind my Uncle Rex, her sons Jim & his wife Amy, Clint & his wife Sheridan and 7 amazing grand kids.



I am grateful for the good memories I have with my Aunt Pam from the shopping trips we use to take, the Christmas Eve parties at her house...to the good times in 4th grade :)



Until next time...keeping my Family in my prayers as losing someone is never easy. 



2 comments:

  1. Connie Gonzales - HowellFebruary 24, 2014 at 7:46 AM

    my prayers are with you Jamie and your entire family during this time. Your Aunt Pam was an amazing woman and I enjoyed seeing her on Sunday's at Palo Verde Baptist...hugs and condolences goes out to you all...Love and Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry, Jamie. Prayers and love, Amy

    ReplyDelete