Thursday, February 6, 2014

I am seeing...RED

 You all know my blog is not just for me to talk about my journey with "C"...but my life in general.  So with that being said...Tomorrow (FEB. 7th) is wear red day for raising awareness for congenital heart defects. I have the perfect t-shirt that I will be wearing...I will have to make sure my hair and makeup look good so I can post some pictures.-ha!   So show your support...throw on a red scarf, wear some red shoes, tie a red bow in your hair, etc...I am wearing my RED heart-shirt for my cousin Kohl...who has been going heart-strong and is 21 years old, little Corben, Hunter, and Gigi.    

I can remember going to the ICU on several occasions when Kohl would be in the hospital for months at a time which seemed like eternity...now looking back I can't believe its been so many years ago.  Kohl underwent heart surgery at  3 days old and then again at 3 months old.  I am so proud of who he has become. I know life isn't always easy dealing with heart issues and having to be on medications for it...but he keeps his head held high and has become very successful.

So don't forget and lets wear our RED to support those that have dealt with CHD and those that are going through it now. Keep up the fight!  


Until next time...Hope to see LOTS of RED tomorrow.  Lets make a difference and spread the word! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment