Monday, February 24, 2014

No Chemo Today!

Hello! Its been a little bit...

Some of you know that I was in the hospital for a short time getting my labs checked and scans to go with...I was having severe and I mean severe abdominal pain.  My labs were kinda all crazy and more concerning my liver enzymes were really high-above 500+.  So all my doctors were concerned and did a ct scan, an ultrasound, and then an mri. They really didn't show anything significant...but they wanted to make sure I didn't have some sort of blockage from the whipple. Although it has been over a year...there can still be complications down the road so being proactive is always important.

Today I showed up to get my port accessed and to begin all the steps to a "normal" chemo day...once I was checked in by the nurse they sent in the med-onc doctor's "assistant" and she informed me that Dr.K wants me to follow up with my GI doctor before proceeding with the next round of chemo. Which makes sense :)  Good news that I got today was that my liver enzymes went from high 500s down to 100s...still a tad high...but I will take it!!! 

I will wait for the center to call me with my appointment and we will go from there as to when my next chemo will be. No worries!

So another lesson after today is a reminder that...everything happens for a reason!

Until next time...(sorry to you out of state people) I am outside enjoying the nice Arizona sunshine. Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you have a bright side to look at lol...have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your pain! Glad that your liver enzymes came down-- Yeah!! Praying!!

    ReplyDelete