Friday, February 1, 2013

Hello...Goodbye Week:1

Well I must be doing something...RIGHT.  So it is pretty amazing to see all the page views that my blog post get.  Even if you take nothing from my crazy-spur of the moment posts...you can store the info for a later date if need be. What in the world am I talking about...well just this week alone I have ran into several people that THANK me for posting about ALOE VERA. Well that alone makes my heart HAPPY! Let me just share these 2 experiences...
  1. Dr. Taw (my radiation onco dr) I asked her what her outlook on ALOE VERA was her response "Well my head and neck cancer patients that take Aloe Vera...it decreases their inflammation"
  2. At a doctor's appointment and a special lady shared with me that she has digestive issues and has taken ALOE VERA for years!!!
Well folks-don't just take my word...ask around and I bet you would be surprised as to how many others are drinking ALOE VERA juice.
********************************************************************************
Now for today's ramblings...This week brings week one of treatments to an end. With as busy as I have been with my full-time job (kickin' cancer to the curb) this week has FLOWN by.  I told a good friend yesterday that I wish I had 36 hours to my days...just so I could get everything done.  Being a mama to T & M and fighting cancer...makes me tired (just thinking about it)...let alone I'm going about my business like there is "nothing" going on.

I get a chuckle out of people and their responses when they see me out in public. I guess I don't fit the "typical" description of someone fighting cancer...whatever one might think that is.  Instead I choose to keep a smile on my face, remain "feisty" (as one calls me), or better yet...get the title from my friend as the "PAN-CAN Princess" :)

Do I feel like a million bucks-absolutely not...in fact I described it to my Mama yesterday that I feel like I am on a constant fair-ride. Perhaps the "Zipper" that just keeps spinning round and round. Not the feeling that my head is spinning but the fact that my stomach is continuously feeling a bit nauseous. That feeling that I use to get when I would ride with my Daddy in his plane and he would pull up and down on the throttle.  I do have medication for that...not the issue...the issue is most cause drowsiness.  I don't have time for that...HELLO! I am a MAMA...I've got 2 babes to take care of. 

So how do I deal with it??? I cope with it during the day and tell myself along with others...it is MIND over MATTER.  While I am driving I just crank up the music and sing...while at home I blog...and any-thing/where in between I am sharing my story, getting radiated, or listening to my chemo pump "inject" every 12 minutes...not to forget besides all of the above the most important stuff...running my girls to and from school, helping with homework, taking them to their extracurricular activities, laundry, giving them LOTS of LOVE, etc...

I look forward to the end of carrying this chemo pump around...I have 6 more weeks...but hope they fly by like this first week has seemed to.  I pray that my blood counts remain within normal range so I won't have to postpone any treatments and the nausea is able to be controlled with my "attitude"-ha! 

*********************************************************************************
Onto the future:
As most ALL of you know by now...I was into my 3rd block of the RN program.  I had to officially withdraw about 1 week before finishing that block. Devastated...ummm yes! That is an understatement...but as I look forward I am not sure what I "need" to do in life.  The obvious is to fight this battle-and claim a victory which will look something like this:
Jamie-2  Cancer-0
But I am looking to the future a tad bit farther than that-(Yes I live one day at a time but...) I think and know I want to do something for cancer patients and their families.  Whether it be sharing my story and giving others the hope and will to survive...writing a PAN CAN cook book (post-whipple)...writing my OWN book...to help other Moms fighting the fight...the opportunities are there and many keep running through my mind.  I just know that God will shine his light on what I need to do and lead me in the right direction-"HE" knows the BIG picture-I just have to trust and BELIEVE and know that everything will come together and all the pieces of the puzzle will fit into place.

Thank you for allowing me to share my journey with you...as I know CANCER (yuck!) affects everyone and NO ONE fights ALONE...together WE can ALL make a difference. Keep on praying...as I keep holding onto FAITH that there WILL be a CURE!!!  I'm forever grateful for all the love and support that I have and I want to pay it forward (when able to)...and share it with others...NEVER give up...ATTITUDE is everything...and with GOD by your side-ALL things are possible. I am a walking example...or as my doctors say...I am truly a miracle. I like to think that I am just too young still...and my time on this earth isn't completed yet-I still have a LOT to do...places to go, people to see and a story to tell.

Have a blessed day and go out and truly make a difference!

Until Next time-
Jamie
"Pan Can Princess"

"There are two ways to live: YOU can live as if nothing is a miracle; YOU can live as I everything is a miracle"-Albert Einstein

5 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the strength and love in the world, Jamie. We're fighting with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your amazing inspiration! Happy tears after reading about your first week. You are strong, beautiful and have so much to do yet, you will conquer! Sending you all my best, prayers and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie,

    When I was pregnant both times I had terrible nausea and they gave me zofran it doesn't cause drowsiness and was my miracle. When they originally gave it to me they said it was created to help people going thru chemo. I lived on it for 9 months with Anna. Praying for you everyday. You are such an inspiration.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and so grateful for your heart's sharing in this journey, Jamie. You are such a light for Him! Lifting you up always in prayer.... :)

    ReplyDelete