Monday, February 18, 2013

Oh!...That is her?!

 
 
I should have shown you a few months ago...but was waiting for the right time. I feel that those of you that don't know me...can put a face to my stories now. :)  These pictures were taken by the talented Jobrina Hofleit (someone who I have always looked up to when I was my girls' ages and she was a "cool" high schooler)  I made a phone call to her when I was first diagnosed from Banner Thunderbird.  I sat in my room and cried and knew I wanted pictures of my girls and me...I didn't know the prognosis or what treatments or surgeries I would have...but I did know I wanted my girls to hold onto the memories.  I was discharged on a Friday night and Sunday afternoon my talented cousin K was at my house airbrushing my make-up, giving me some longer lashes and curling my hair.  I thought I looked pretty good for having been so jaundice (yellow with a ting of green) and just getting my port placed. Then it was off to head west to meet up with Jobrina. <3 my pictures...and <3 YOU...THANK YOU!!!!!!
 
So onto the pictures...these are just a few from a LOT of my favorites...
 Maesyn, Taryn, and Jamie
 Maesyn-9 years old. "Mae-Mae"... My little spit-fire. Never a dull moment with this girl.  She came into this world ready to take it on.  She hasn't stopped with her smarts and determination and the will to do whatever she sets her mind to.  Yes! She is my little strong-willed baby girl...but she is mine!  She has a lot of love for not only ME...and her "TT"...but animals. She LOVES to ride horses, take care of her dogs, her hamster and any other animal that may come her way.  Her compassion for the little things in life is precious...just wish others could take a minute and stop and realize what really matters in life.  She is the half of my heart that keeps me fighting to survive and gives me the will to keep being a Mama.
Taryn-10 years old. "TT"...My sweet-hearted BIG girl.  This little girl is far wiser than her years.  She has seen so much and gone through a LOT in such a short little life.  She is my softy...one that is very emotional and like me bottles up a lot...until she has had enough.  She is so compassionate for others that it worries me she will get her feelings hurt by people in this "mean" world. (I have to warn her sometimes)  She danced for 7 years and although she loved it...she wanted to try something new so she turned to soccer and now wants to play volleyball too.  Her kind heart will take her far and as she mentioned to me the other day..."I want to be a doctor"...I believe she can be.  She has the brains...and the drive to want to help others. She is the other half of my heart that makes me smile each day to know that she is mine.  She encourages me each day to fight...and reminds me always that she loves me and is proud of me.
 
 
I do believe that children learn what they live...my girls have gone through a lot with my first battle...and everything else in between to this battle.  I believe that they are tough little girls not because I've told them to be...but because they have chosen to be.  They know that making a difference is important.  They also know that their Mama is fighting her battles with Faith, Family, and Friends..but most importantly that their Mama LOVES them unconditionally.
 
To my Girls: Thank you for Loving ME!
You make my days brighter...
You make my heart feel loved...
You make me so proud of you...
You make me happy to be called Mama...
You make my frowns turn into smiles...
You make me...who I am!
Loving YOU always and forever-XOXO: Mama

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Love your heart and your heart for your girls!! What a blessing you all are. Love in Him, Amy :)

    ReplyDelete