Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Just ramblings...Week #5

Well this week marks week #5 of treatments with this "first" go-round.  As I mentioned before I will have 7 weeks of radiation and chemo (5FU)...then 4 more additional months of the chemo (Gemsar).  Well yesterday I got GREAT news...since I will be done with my 25th radiation treatment next Monday...I will be D-O-N-E with 5FU. Praise the Lord and pass the biscuits.  That was fantastic news. I secretly hoped that I would be getting a break. God answers prayers!!!

This radiation and chemo combination has really taken a toll on me this week. The nausea has gotten worse and the energy level has seem to decrease...but one thing that hasn't changed is I am still hopeful and for the most part keep a smile on my face.

I laugh secretly inside when I am driving and I see grumpy drivers or people that look miserable in life...I want to roll down my window and scream "Oh yea...you think your life is bad...look at me I am hooked up to chemo 24-7 and now on my way to radiation which I do 5x/week...what do you think about that?!" Not to mention that I've already beat cancer once...I am on my way to doing it AGAIN! But like I mentioned...this is what I secretly am thinking...I will just continue to SMILE.

Today John...my radiation guy...asked me a question?!?!...

As for John, I don't want to just say "TECH" or whatever his official title is...because if you think about it...he's pretty special. He is running the machines that are killing people's cancer cells. So in a way he is like a super-hero that wears scrubs...and probably doesn't even think of himself as someone special.  Well he is...and when and if he reads this I hope he knows it now...
YOU are special and THANK YOU for making a difference. 

Back to John's question??? "Jamie, do you mind if I share your blog with others?"... My reply...ABSOLUTELY...Please do...that is why I blog in hopes of inspiring others to never give up and to keep fighting. I pray that if I can at least touch one person a day...then I have made a difference maybe just a small one...but at least a positive difference. 

So I tell all of YOU...please share my blog!!! I think I have reached a "few" people already it is so awesome to see that I have over 12,100 views already and it hasn't even been 2 months.  I enjoy blogging, as it gives me an outlet on coping with this battle.

I look forward to writing a book in the near future...until then THANK YOU for following along as I journey through this part of my life.

God is good...

No comments:

Post a Comment