Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Nov: Day 19

Wow! I can officially say I survived my 1st colonoscopy...along with the endoscopy.  Yesterday I was miserable...my tummy was aching and not feeling good at all.  I just related it to "what's really going on".  I asked for your prayers...as I prayed even harder. Praying that NO more "C" would be seen anywhere else...from the top side down...to the bottom side up. 

I was given my "sleepy" drug and went fast asleep only counting 1, 1000, 2, 2000...then I was out! Next thing  I know I am in recovery and waking up.  Feeling good...literally!  I turned to the left side and asked the nurse...ok what's the outcome. She was surprised how alert I was...next thing I know my Mom was standing there and in walks my GI doctor. 

Here is where I REALLY became alert!!!  He confirmed that EVERYTHING was good from my scopes today!!!  No signs of "C" or anything of concern...except for this.  My stomach was very irritated...he had to drain 1 1/2 CUPS..yes CUPS not CC of bile.  Which explains why I was having such a bad day yesterday...feeling the heart burn the last few days...etc. 

So after seeing the beautiful pictures of my stomach...all nice,  red, and irritated...I have been given another medication that I will take 30 minutes to eating every meal and before bed time to "coat" my poor stomach. This is just another thing I will deal with since being able to having the whipple surgery.  I will add this new med-Carafate(tummy coater) along with also continuing to take my Creon (pancreatic enzyme) every time I eat.  I can do this!

So we are still on for the game plan of THURSDAY with starting CHEMO and knocking out the "spot" on my liver. If today's outcome would have been different...I am sure the course of treatment would have changed. Continue to pray!

I PRAISE GOD that HE is GOOD!   HE has NEVER abandoned me and I know that HE is with my always...HE has held me up and gotten me through SO much as I know HE will continue to do so.

I have my gloves laced up and ready to knock this out again!!!  Again I ask that you pray that I'm able to keep my appetite...to keep my strength.  I am a FIGHTER!!!

Until next time...stay healthy and continue to pray.

As a side note...the colonoscopy was NOT anything like I imagined...or have heard!   So I recommend that if you have ANY history of "C"...PLEASE be proactive and go get yourself one. Don't forget just one stipulation...you must fart before you can depart. HA! Had to throw some humor in this post.  It was a "crappy" kind of day...but somebody had to go through with it. 

1 comment:

  1. I have been reading your post. I pray for you as you fight this ugly disease!! You are so such a beautiful and strong women with two beautiful children,

    ReplyDelete