Thursday, November 14, 2013

Nov: Day 14-Rejoicing!

Well I'm writing this post on pure adrenaline.  I slept ok for the most of last night...but obviously anxious for today's PET scan.  I had a million thoughts running through my mind...but I knew with all of you praying and uplifting me in good thoughts that no matter the outcome that today would be a good day.  Well let me start out by saying this:

God is great, people are good, and FIGHTING cancer is crazy!
 
Everyday is a new day...some days there are good days, there will be bad days, there will be days of the unknown, days like you can beat anything, there will be days of doubt (I am trying not to have these days), and days of HOPE.
 
Last week when I got the call that there were "areas of concern" on my ct scan...that they needed to be compared to previous scans-my heart sank. I felt like I had just been hit by a loaded-18 wheeler.  I was told to "have a good weekend". HA...right! After being told something like that...how in the world are you suppose to just go about your business. 
 
Well I did go about my plans...girls and I hung out together...but still "areas of concern" on my mind.
 
So I go to new facility and immediately they are also "concerned" now from reading the radiology report...order that labs be drawn and go from there...also ordered the PET scan right away.  Well by last night I could see on my medical record online that my CA19-9 had more than doubled since last draw, and we have "areas of concern"...now what?!?!?! 
 
I fell asleep thinking again if this is another "FAITH-tester"...bring it on! I have the FAITH. If this turns out to be "C" again...I can do this...I will CONTINUE to FIGHT.
 
Well I last ate at 8:30 last night in order to be fasting for today's 9 am PET scan.  I arrived with a rumbling and growling tummy...I was greeted by an amazing pet-scan tech "student". Lets just say this girl is an angel!  She was so compassionate and I gave her my blog card with my email...when it was all said and done I told her I wanted her instructors email info...I needed to contact the instructor and tell her exactly how wonderful her student was. 
 
Back to it...so I was taken back by the "student" and my blood sugars were drawn...came in at 124. So I was good to go for the scan.  They injected the "secret" potion for the scan...then I laid there in the chair curled up in the fetal position and slept for an hour. Let me tell you all...best sleep I have had in a LONG week.
 
The "student" quietly woke me up to take me to the scan room.  I once again was asked to lay on the long narrow "table" and place my hands above my head...she came back a short while later to say they probably had gotten 300 "pictures" of me...that I was good to get up and go. (only after she brought me a lint remover to remover all the fuzzy white lent from the warm blankets)
 
My Mom and I had a bite to eat...grabbed some pillows at Target and headed home.  Something told me go ahead...do it...just log in...its ok...seriously...just do it.  So curiosity got to me and I once again logged onto my online medical record.  As fate would have it...my PET SCAN RESULTS were already online. 
 
This is where I need a drum-roll, a shout Thank YOU Jesus, and happy tear (I had many), a shout...I knew you were good...well I read the results...and as I knew and trusted in "HIM"...I knew that anything is possible.
 
RESULTS....IMPRESSION: Stable post surgical changes of Whipple without evidence for residual local disease or metastatic recurrence. 
 
So yes there were "changes" seen in the ct scan (last week) from my whipple...so tomorrow when I meet with dr...I will ask and that is possibly the reason for the increase in the tumor-marker levels??? Who knows there can be many factors.
 
I can NOT say thank you enough for all your kind emails, texts, calls, etc...please don't stop believing...prayer is powerful and with all of YOU in my corner...I will continue to fight...not just for myself...but for all those that continue to fight...those that will have to fight...and remember those we have lost from the fight. 
 
Spread the word to BE PROACTIVE...think PURPLE...and NEVER give up!!!
 
Until next time...I am planning what memory the girls and I will be making next. Hugs & love! 

4 comments:

  1. We serve a MIGHTY GOD that heals and protects!! We give YHVH ALL honor, glory and praise!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive always been a believer in the power of prayer but jamie you make me believe im something more..may god bless you and ur family.

    ReplyDelete