Thursday, November 21, 2013

Nov: Day 21

Going to keep this post short and sweet...I am tired! 

Today was SUPPOSE to be my 1st round (again) of treatment...however my body had other plans.  My white cell count was too low...therefore I will have to wait until next week to get my labs redrawn and go from there to see when I will get chemo.  If I don't start treatment next week...I will begin the week after Thanksgiving.  At this point...it is ALL in God's hands.  He has this under control. I will just sit and wait as it is all in HIS time. 

I was mentally prepared for today...but it just wasn't meant to be.  One thing that was meant to be was my "life-saver"...literally was working in the "port" area...so she was the one that accessed my port and drew my labs for me this morning.  She was so gentle...that I really didn't feel a thing. Just a side note...you don't  have to make the patient feel like you are pushing their port through their chest and into one of their lungs. Yes, this has happened to me before...but today "Miss R" did an amazing job.  Proud of you!!! 

While I was at the treatment center...there were some little angels working over time in my neighborhood.  I  turned down a street lined with purple ribbons tied around the trees...then onto "my" street with more beautiful purple ribbons around the trees...and my front porch with lots of purple.  I thank all of you for being a part of this and taking the time to show your support.  "K"...you sure do know how to make a girl smile. I love that my house has LOTS of purple out front...maybe it'll make others aware besides the fact of making me so happy.  ( I will post pics later) 

Until next time...no chemo today means a great weekend ahead to spend making memories with my babies...but staying clear of germs of course.  



No comments:

Post a Comment